Gahanna-Jefferson Community Coffee & Chat
The district will host ongoing, drop-in Community Coffees at Panera Bread, 91 N. Hamilton Rd., within the new Clark Hall Commons. GJPS administrative staff make themselves available for these community conversations.
Join us on the second Monday and fourth Thursday of each month.
- Thurs., April 28: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
The full menu is available for participants wishing to purchase items to enjoy during the chat. Panera generously provides the coffee
at no cost.
Coffee session dates and times
- Thurs., Aug. 27: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., Sept. 14: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., Sept. 24: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., Oct. 12: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., Oct. 22: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., Nov. 9: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon, Dec. 14: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., Jan. 11: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., Jan. 28: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., Feb. 8: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., Feb. 25: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., March 14: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., March 24: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Thurs., April 28: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., June 13: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., June 23: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
Superintendent | District Goals
The superintendent, as the CEO, is charged with the day-to-day responsibility of the district. The superintendent is not a member of the board itself. He serves as a professional educational adviser to the board.
Members of the Gahanna-Jefferson Board of Education are elected by the community to
establish district priorities, policies and to evaluate the outcomes of District
operations. The board appoints a superintendent to ensure
academic achievement for every
Gahanna-Jefferson student - not only for today’s opportunities, but
those on the horizon as well. On behalf of the board of education, the
superintendent works to:
- Determine the educational needs and aspirations of
every Gahanna-Jefferson student, staff member and the entire community — and
how to best engage each;
- Identify educational and socioeconomic trends with an impact on District operations or goals; and,
- Provide overall leadership while developing sound practices to manage the
day-to-day operations of the district.
The Superintendent works collaboratively with the Treasurer, who recommends and
manages an annual budget based upon the parameters also set by the
board of education.
Students as Learners
We will provide students with rigorous and relevant learning experiences, ensuring that all students are life-long learners equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet the demands of college and career.
We will develop positive relationships in a safe and caring environment that promotes rigorous and meaningful learning opportunities.
Staff as Learners
We will engage all staff in meaningful professional learning to meet the diverse needs of our students.
We will promote and ensure student success through the effective use of taxpayers' investments.
Family and Community Relations
We will engage in partnerships and service through consistent, transparent and effective communication practices.
We will analyze and prepare for social, economic and political change that may impact the Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools.
Gahanna-Jefferson students have the opportunity to have their own KIDS card prepared at the library and delivered to them at school before the end of the school year.
Sealed bids will be accepted at the Treasurer’s Office, Gahanna-Jefferson Schools, 160 S Hamilton Rd, Gahanna OH 43230, until 2pm local time.
Beginning in the fall of the 2016-2017 school year, all students entering the seventh and twelfth grades are required to receive the meningococcal vaccine for the prevention of meningococcal disease serogroups A, C, W and Y.
Gahanna-Jefferson celebrated National School Breakfast Week by sampling two different breakfast items during lunch!