Gahanna-Jefferson Community Coffee & Chat
Supt. Scruci will host ongoing, drop-in Community Coffees at Panera Bread, 91 N. Hamilton Rd., within the new Clark Hall Commons. Various GJPS administrative staff, including the treasurer, also avail themselves for these community conversations.
Join us on the second Monday and fourth Thursday of each month.
- Thurs., Feb. 26: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
The full menu is available for participants wishing to purchase items to enjoy during the chat. Panera generously provides the coffee
at no cost.
Coffee session dates and times
- Mon., Aug. 11: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., Aug. 28: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., Sept. 8: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., Sept. 25: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., Oct. 13: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., Oct. 23: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., Nov. 3: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Mon, Dec. 8: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., Jan. 22: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Thurs., Feb. 26: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Thurs., March 26: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., April 13: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., April 23: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., May 11: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., May 28: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., June 8: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., June 25: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
- Mon., July 13: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Thurs., July 23: 7:30 - 9 a.m.
Superintendent | District Goals
The superintendent, as the CEO, is charged with the day-to-day responsibility of the district. The superintendent is not a member of the board itself. He serves as a professional educational adviser to the board.
Students as Learners
We will provide students with rigorous and relevant learning experiences, ensuring that all students are life-long learners equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet the demands of college and career.
We will develop positive relationships in a safe and caring environment that promotes rigorous and meaningful learning opportunities.
Staff as Learners
We will engage all staff in meaningful professional learning to meet the diverse needs of our students.
We will promote and ensure student success through the effective use of taxpayers' investments.
Family and Community Relations
We will engage in partnerships and service through consistent, transparent and effective communication practices.
We will analyze and prepare for social, economic and political change that may impact the Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools.
Supt. Francis R. Scruci (center, seated) with members
of the Gahanna Lincoln HS Class of 2013.
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
Phone: (614) 471-7065 | Fax: 478-5568
Gahanna Hearts and Global Minds
Members of the Gahanna-Jefferson Board of Education are elected by the community to
establish district priorities, policies and to evaluate the outcomes of District
operations. The board appoints a superintendent to ensure
academic achievement for every Gahanna-Jefferson student - not only for today’s opportunities, but those on the horizon as well. On behalf of the board of education, the superintendent works to:
- Determine the educational needs and aspirations of
every Gahanna-Jefferson student, staff member and the entire community — and
how to best engage each;
- Identify educational and socioeconomic trends with an impact on District operations or goals; and,
- Provide overall leadership while developing sound practices to manage the
day-to-day operations of the district.
GJPS Superintendent/CEO Francis R. Scruci works collaboratively with GJPS Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer Julio Valladares, who recommends and
manages an annual budget based upon the parameters also set by the
board of education.