Employment Opportunities and Application Information
To print an application for a classified/unclassified position including substitute opportunities, please click on the 'Application' link below or you may pick up an application at our Administrative Office located at 160 S. Hamilton Road in Gahanna.
Application for a position in a classified/unclassified service
Classified/Unclassified Service Categories
>> ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCOUNTANT/BUSINESS OFFICE SECRETARY <<
- Bus Drivers
- Special Education Aides
- Kitchen Helpers
Business Manager and Treasurer
Regular, full-time, 261 days
This position will perform a variety of support duties to the Business and Treasurer’s departments.
Range from $45,452 to $50,059
• Update handbooks for new and current classified/unclassified employees.
• Maintain Simplex fire alarm calling list and InPhoNet.
• Maintain department files, distribute mail, answer phones and provide information to district personnel, parents and others.
• Maintain records and arrange for OSHA required training throughout the district.
• Prepare and provide for payment of invoices, communicate with vendors and process checks.
• Enter appropriations and expenditures adjustments. Proof and post to USAS accounting system.
• Other duties as assigned by the Business Manager and Treasurer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• High school diploma or equivalent with at least three to five years of experience with the USAS accounting software.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely both normal and written communication.
• Advanced Excel experience.
• Ability to multitasking.
• Ability to work independently.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Julio Valladares, Treasureer, at ValladaresJ@GJPS.org
Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 3:30 p.m.
classified/Unclassified Substitute Information
If you have gone through the interview process and have been approved by Gahanna-Jefferson Schools to substitute in a classified/unclassified position, please download and complete the payroll packet and deliver it to the Office of Human Resources located at 160 S. Hamilton Road in Gahanna.
Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools is currently seeking substitutes on an as-needed basis for the 2013-2014 school year in the following classified/unclassified categories:
>> Substitute Custodians <<
>> Substitute Special Education Aides <<
The current rate of pay for substitutes in these categories is $11.00/hour. Interested candidates should submit an application (available to print above) to the Gahanna-Jefferson Administrative Office, Attn: Jan Snedaker, 160 S. Hamilton Road, Gahanna, OH 43230. For more information, please contact Jan Snedaker in the Office of Human Resources at 614-479-1317 or email SnedakerJ@GJPS.org.
>> Substitute Kitchen Helpers <<
The current rate of pay for substitute kitchen helpers is $9.30/hour. Interested candidates should submit an application (available to print above) to the Gahanna-Jefferson Administrative Office, Attn: Linda Green, 160 S. Hamilton Road, Gahanna, OH 43230. For more information, please contact Linda Green, Food Service Supervisor, at 614-478-5535 or email GreenL@GJPS.org.
>> Substitute Bus Drivers <<
The current rate of pay for substitute bus drivers is $14.50/hour. Interested candidates should submit an application (available to print above) to the Gahanna-Jefferson Administrative Office, 160 S. Hamilton Road, Gahanna, OH 43230. For more information, please contact Joyce Barrowman, Transportation Supervisor, at 614-751-7581 or email BarrowmanJ@GJPS.org.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, sex, disability, military status, age, or genetic information in its program, activities, or employment.