Note: Ohio Revised Code 3321.01 requires the completion of kindergarten prior to entering the first grade.
Pre-K Early Learning Program
GJPS is proud to provide Early Learning
, a comprehensive special-needs preschool program for children between the ages of 3-5.
2016-17 Kindergarten registration
Gahanna-Jefferson Schools are preparing to welcome and register Gahanna children, who will be 5-years-old on or before Aug. 1, for the upcoming 2016-2017 school year.
Check out our list of frequently asked questions to prepare yourself and your child for kindergarten enrollment. You may also want to attend Columbus Metropolitan Library's 'Get ready for kindergarten!' workshop on Sat. April 9.
Determining your assigned school
Unsure of the assigned school or new to Gahanna?
• Contact the Transportation Department, (614) 751-7581.
• Use our attendance zone calculator
to determine the assigned neighborhood school.
How do I register my child for Kindergarten?
Kindergarten Registration for 2016-2017 is a three-step process:
- Completion of enrollment paperwork online.
- Enrollment appointment at the Welcome Center at Clark Hall. Call 643-8300 to schedule an appointment.
- Participation in a kindergarten round-up session at your child’s elementary school.
Interested in early entrance to kindergarten? View the process and application here