Note: Ohio Revised Code 3321.01 requires the completion of kindergarten prior to entering the first grade.
Pre-K Early Learning Program
GJPS, in collaboration with the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio, is proud to provide Early Learning
, a comprehensive special-needs preschool program for children between the ages of 3-5.
2014-15 Kindergarten registration
Gahanna-Jefferson Schools are preparing to welcome and register Gahanna children, who will be 5-years-old on or before Aug. 1, for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year.
As of Feb. 13, GJPS provides full-day kindergarten classes free of charge to all students, beginning in the fall of 2014.
Determining your assigned school
Unsure of the assigned school or new to Gahanna?
• Contact the Transportation Department, (614) 751-7581.
• Use the GJPS infoFinder-i
, an online tool to determine the assigned neighborhood school.
How do I register my child for Kindergarten?
Kindergarten Registration for 2014-2015 is a three-step process:
- Completion of enrollment paperwork online.
- Enrollment appointment at the Welcome Center at Clark Hall. Call 643-8300 to schedule an appointment.
- Participation in a kindergarten round-up session at your child’s elementary school.
• The child’s birth certificate
• Proof of custody
• The child’s immunization records
• Proof of residency (i.e., a current gas or electric bill, mortgage statement, real estate tax duplicates, or an apartment lease with the name of legal guardian.)
• Blacklick: April 8 and 9, 759-5100
G-J elementary round-up dates (coming soon:)
• Chapelfield: April 7 and 8, 478-5575
• Goshen Lane: May 6 and 7, 478-5580
• High Point: April 12, 478-5545
• Jefferson: April 3, 478-5560
• Lincoln: April 16, 478-5555
• Royal Manor: April 15 and 16, 478-5585