Gahanna-Jefferson Social Media Policies
Please note that by using or accessing a GJPS social media account, you agree to comply with the Facebook and/or Twitter terms and conditions, as well as the GJPS Technology Acceptable Use Agreement
Pause Before You Post!
Any posting of an inappropriate nature, including threats, and harassing or derogatory statements toward an individual or group will be deleted. Threats are taken seriously and are subject to the appropriate discipline as outlined by GJPS Board of Education policies. This does not exclude the possibility of law enforcement intervention. The use of any District logo or image on one’s personal social networking sites is prohibited.
Be respectful and know that we're looking forward to hearing from you!
Click here to view the many GJPS social media accounts - Join the conversation!
All social media account content is periodically reviewed by the GJPS staff and/or the GJPS Communication Department
. The following principles apply to online participation and set the standards for respectful interaction on these pages.
GJPS reserves the right to remove content posted if it contains:
- Be respectful, credible and truthful.
- Photos of students: There MUST be a parent's consent form (Yearly Parent Authorization Form) on file in the respective school's office. Additional copies are also available within the Student Handbook.
- All comments, suggestions, or questions must be relevant to GJPS or any associated website maintained by Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools.
Student & STaff Use of GJPS Social Media
- Partisan political views or views of a political organization;
- Commercial endorsement;
- Spam: Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner, including aggressively promoting services or products;
- Discriminatory, unlawful, misleading or malicious content. This includes content intended to bully, intimidate or harass any person or user;
- Information that is clearly off topic;
- Content that advocates illegal activity; or,
- Content that infringes on a copyright or trademark - including logos or images maintained by GJPS.
First and foremost, students and staff are encouraged to always exercise the utmost caution when participating in any form of social media or any online communications, both within the GJPS community and beyond - Please pause before you post.
Everyone who participates in a GJPS online interaction must remember that their posts are public
and reflect on the entire GJPS community. With regard to personal Twitter accounts, this especially true with the use of searchable hashtags (#.) Accordingly, all posts could be subject to the same behavioral standards set forth in the Student Code of Conduct Handbook and/or Acceptable GJPS Technology Use Agreement. Students are expected to abide by the following:
- To protect the privacy of GJPS students and faculty, students and staff may not, under any circumstances, create unauthorized digital audio or video recordings of GJPS community members either on campus or at an off-campus event for online publication or distribution, without consent.
- Students and staff may not use social media sites to publish disparaging or harassing remarks about GJPS community members, athletic or academic contest rivals, etc.
- Students and staff who choose to post editorial content to websites or other forms of online media must ensure that their submission reflects their own opinion and does not imply the opinion of GJPS.
Again, failure to abide by these guidelines and policies, as with other policies of GJPS, may result in disciplinary action or suspension of certain privileges while on a GJPS campus.
By accessing, affiliating with or commenting on a social media platform, your identity and personal information may be visible to third parties not affiliated with the Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools. GJPS does not normally share individual user information with third parties; however, user information will be disclosed as required by law or in circumstances where comments indicate a situation that could be illegal, harmful or dangerous to persons or property. GJPS is not responsible for access to your identity, profile or personal information by third parties. It is the express responsibility of the user, or his/her parent or guardian, to protect the user’s identity, profile and personal information.
Additional questions may be addressed to your GJPS building/department administrator.
Updated Oct. 1, 2013