Summer enrichment opportunities, pre-k - 12th grade
Each year the Gahanna-Jefferson Public School district offers a wide variety of summer courses for students—pre-kindergarten through high school—as part of the 'Journey To Learning' program. There are programs for intervention/remediation, enrichment, high school credit and make-up classes.
Pre-k, kindergarten enhancement, and classes for reading and math improvement for grades 1-4 will be at Goshen Lane Elementary, while language arts and math improvement classes for grades 5-8 will be at Royal Manor Elementary. For high school students, the following new credit classes are offered: physical education, information technology, health, and speech. Make-up credit classes are also offered for English, math, social studies, science, and OGT.
Transportation is provided for GJPS K-8 students only. Additionally, the federal food service program is not available during the summer months; however, many community-based organizations may provide similar services.
Summer school office: (614) 479-1310
Summer school registration begins Mon., April 4, 2016. We will start taking registrations at 8 a.m. on April 4. Brochures will be available at all school locations as well as our district office at 160 South Hamilton Road on April 4.
Elementary (pre-k through 4th grade)
- June 6 - 30, Goshen Lane Elementary
Classes offered from 8 - 10 a.m. and 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Middle (5th - 8th grade)
- June 6 - 30, Royal Manor Elementary
Classes offered from 8:10 - 10:10 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.
High (9th - 12th grade)
All classes offered at Lincoln High School and are morning classes, unless otherwise noted.
New credit classes
- Physical Education: May 26 - June 15
- Health: May 26 - June 16
- Information Technology: May 26 - June 16, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. (5/26-6/16 AM class full) OR 12:30 - 4:30 p.m. (PM class cancelled) OR June 20 - July 8, 7:40 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Speech: June 27 - July 11, 7 a.m. - 12 p.m. OR 12 - 5 p.m. (AM and PM class full)
- June 6 - 10 (all are morning classes except for OGT math, 12 - 2 p.m.) Testing June 13 and 14
High school make-up classes
- English, Math, Social Studies, Science: June 6-24
- Algebra I and Physical Science: June 6 - 24 (AM and PM classes) - both Algebra I classes are full
- Algebra II and Pre-Calculus: June 27 - July 15 (AM) class full
- Algebra I - June 27 - July 14 (AM) class full
Pre-K, kindergarten enhancement and classes for reading and math improvement for grades 1-4 will be at Goshen Lane Elementary. Language arts and math improvement classes for grades 5-8 will be at Royal Manor Elementary.
For high school students, the following new credit classes are offered: physical education, information technology, health, and speech. Make-up credit classes are also offered for English, math, social studies, science and OGT.
The deadline to enroll for most classes is Wednesday, June 1.
*If paying with a credit card, complete the registration form and submit the form using either the mail or drop off options mentioned on the registration form. Allow three (3) days after submitting the registration form (to allow for registration in the class to be entered by the district office.) After three days, go to Home Access Center to access your account and make the payment. This option is only available to GJPS students.