The Middle School East PTA is a hard-working group whose support for
GMSE academic and extracurricular activities is invaluable.
the GMSE PTA sponsor's a fitness fundraising event. These funds are
invested in our students through the purchase of additional classroom support items
including: various supplies and materials; technology; as well as
supporting initiatives such as the GMSE Sixth-Grade Adventure Day Camp and a homework tutoring program.
A powerful voice for all children
A relevant resource for families and communities; and
A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
GMSE PTA announcements:
- The 2014-2015 school year is a year of change! The PTA has created a NEW website to be used for PTA information and contacts, the electronic class directory (log-in is required for security purposes) and volunteer sign-up options (no log-in is required for these.) We encourage every family to set up an account and enter your family/child’s information as this will now be our student directory format. Only people with an account will be able to view family or student information!
- The PTA has a NEW PayPal link that may be used this year for PTA membership fees, spirit wear sales and our 21st annual "Fitness Fundraiser."
- To view this information as a PDF document, click here.
PTA website how-tos:
- To join the GMSE PTA: Go to http://GMSE.GoPTO.net and click on the link; choose whether you’re joining as an individual or as a family. Once logged into PayPal, record the name of the member(s) in the “add note to seller” location. Your membership fee will be deposited into the PTA account. Your membership fee is tax-deductible!
- Directory Sign Up: http://GMSE.GoPTO.net
1. Click the yellow Register box.
2. Secret Code word is: (please request via email at GMSEPTA@Gmail.com) or follow registration instructions from Mr. Barboza.
3. Enter username (email address), password (minimum of 3 characters), confirm password, and confirm email then hit “Create User” (not enter)
4. Go to your email account for your confirmation message (can take several minutes) and click the highlighted blue activation link. Save the email message. If the activation link is not highlighted copy and paste it into a new window. Hit the “Confirm” button.
5. Once you hit confirm you will be directed to the website and you will already be logged in. From there click “Directory.”
6. Click “Enter Your Information & Update Directory”. Enter each family member separately then click “Submit.”
About the National, State and Local (GMSE) PTA
For more than a 100 years, the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) has
provided support, information and resources to families focused on the
health and education of children. The organization was founded in 1897
in Washington DC as the National Congress of Mothers. In 1908, in recognition of the importance of the parent-teacher relationship, it reorganized as the Parent-Teacher Associations. During the 1920s, it adopted the name National Congress of Parents and Teachers. During the 1930s it became known by its current name, the National Parent Teacher Association®.
The PTA continually seeks opportunities to better
the lives of children at the national, state and local level. All local
PTAs, including the GMSE PTA, are linked to the state-level PTA and the
national PTA organization, forming a nationwide network of members
working on behalf of all children and youth. Membership is open to
anyone who shares in the mission and purposes of the organization.