GLHS DECA take top honors at regionals
Entire Team to Compete at Statewide Convention Mar. 15-16, 2013
The Gahanna Lincoln High School DECA Chapter
swept top categories in a recent regional competition, bringing home 19 medals — from each of the 19 event categories, including 10 first-place honors!
2012-2013 Gahanna Lincoln High School DECA Chapter
The 26-member team proudly display awards from a January 2013 regional competition at the Easton Towne Center, Columbus.
The multiple individual and team award recognitions (detailed below)
set the 26-member Gahanna Lincoln team apart as the only one of the 16 high schools within the Ohio DECA’s District-8/Central Region whose full roster were awarded medals.
Ohio DECA is made up of more than 180 programs statewide. As top winners, all 26 GLHS DECA students will go on to compete at the 69th annual Ohio DECA State Career Development Conference, March 15-16, 2013
, at the Columbus Convention Center.
• Brooke Motsinger, Megan Barrick: Business Law & Ethics
• Courtney Henderson: Business Services Marketing
• Emily Jadwin:* Marketing Management
• Emily Resch, Kaitlyn Mackall: Buying & Merchandising
• Jenny Huynh, Olivia Schuymacher: Financial Services
• Jordan Pack, Sara Nelson: Marketing & Communications
• Joy Okeke: Apparel & Accessories Marketing
• Maddie Marquez, Kathleen Carley: Hospitality Services
• Lindsay McIlwain: Restaurant & Food Service Management
• Bret Hof: Automotive Services Marketing
• Beth Coccia, Kari Weinland: Travel & Tourism
• Casey Mers: Human-Resource Management
• Ellis Johnstone: Hotel & Lodging Management
• Mollie Chokreff: Principles of Marketing
• Aaron Thomas: Sports & Entertainment Marketing
• Jenna Rajczyk: Retail Merchandising
• Meredith Rowe: Quick Service Restaurant Management
• Adam Rocca: Food Marketing
• Alex Delp, Nate Strong: Sports & Entertainment Marketing
*Emily also serves as the 2012-2013 Ohio DECA Secretary/Treasurer
DECA is a co-curricular program for high school marketing and business
students. The evaluation of each students’ overall marketing and
management skills is based on intensive interviews, various tests,
role-playing exercises, case studies and written projects. The state convention winners will go on to represent Ohio at the upcoming
International DECA Career Development Conference in Anaheim, Calif.
GLHS DECA/The Paw Print
DECA standards are rigorous and the competition is fierce.
— Kit Lynch, GLHS DECA Adviser
For more than a decade, the GLHS DECA program has placed among the top five high school programs in North America. The GLHS DECA student program features course work designed to produce a career-focused professional and includes the day-to-day management of the Paw Print.
Many GLHS DECA students continue on to attend top business schools across the country.
Related Quick Links: | GLHS DECA/Paw Print on Facebook | The GLHS DECA home page: www.GahannaMarketing.org | The Paw Print Online | Twitter: @GahannaPawPrint |
More About DECA
is a student-centered organization designed to promote activities that develop leadership, teamwork skills and individual growth. DECA is the only national organization within schools to attract young people to careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, management, and entrepreneurship. DECA provides professional development that is similar to the opportunities offered to businessperson within many civic and professional organizations.
For more information, contact Kit Lynch, GLHS DECA adviser and marketing instructor, at 614-478-5517 or via an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
, or the GJPS Office of Communications.