At Jefferson Elementary, we will inspire students to achieve academic, social and emotional success, while becoming life-long learners.
Jefferson opened its doors 1950, as the first elementary school
in Franklin County to combine three existing schools. Mr. Lintner,
whose father owned the farm upon which Jefferson was built, laid the
stonework on the front of the building. This long-standing tie to the
history and the people of the community is a cornerstone of Jefferson’s
reputation. Jefferson is the oldest elementary school still in use in
the Gahanna-Jefferson School District. In 2001 the school underwent a complete renovation.