Board of Education Home
Duties of the School Board include:
- Making rules and regulations necessary for the government of the District
- Making sure all students of the District are provided with educational opportunities
- Appointing a school superintendent and electing a treasurer
- Overseeing the annual budget
- Entering into contracts with all personnel in the manner required by Ohio laws
The Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools Board of Education seeks to provide all students the maximum educational opportunities within the constraints of available facilities, financial resources, legal requirements and citizen involvement.
The Board fulfills these responsibilities by functioning primarily as a legislative body to formulate and adopt policies and evaluating the results.